Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: The Sensor and Location Platform
- Chapter 4: Bing Maps Native API
- Chapter 5: Bing Maps REST Services
- Chapter 6: Bing Spatial Data Services
- Chapter 7: Working with Spatial Data
- Chapter 8: Drawing on the Map
- Chapter 9: Creating an Augmented Reality App
- Chapter 10: Creating a Templatable Compass Control
- Chapter 11: Cross Platform Development
“Windows 8 has surpassed 200 million licenses sold, and we continue to see momentum. This number includes Windows licenses that ship on a new tablet or PC, as well as upgrades to Windows 8. The figure does not include volume license sales to enterprise. Windows is a central part of life for more than 1.5 billion people around the world, and we are looking forward to the future.”
via Microsoft: More than 200 million Windows 8 licenses sold | ZDNet.
The New Windows: Apps for Every Occasion – YouTube.
… and if you haven’t noticed it yet, one of the featured apps (Outdoor Maps) has been developed in Switzerland(!) by Nexplore – Congrats guys!
BTW, A Windows Phone version also exists 🙂
Already a few weeks old (data end of August)…
The latest market share data from Net Applications shows that August 2013 was a massive one for Windows 8, which gained 2.01 percentage points (from 5.40 percent to 7.41 percent) while Windows 7 recovered 1.14 percentage points (from 44.49 percent to 45.63 percent).
via Windows 8 rockets to 7.41% market share as Windows XP falls below 35% mark – The Next Web.
No additional comments needed!