Smooth Streaming Client SDK Beta 2 enables developers to build Windows 8 Store applications that consume On-Demand and Live Smooth Streaming content w/ PlayReady protection.
Note: To build rich applications, this SDK is best used with the Player Framework which is available for download here.
Smooth Streaming Client SDK Beta 2 release supports the following features:
• X86, x64, and ARM platform support
• VOD (VC-1/WMA – H.264/AAC Play, Pause, Seek, Stop)
• Live (VC-1/WMA – H.264/AAC Play)
• Live DVR (VC-1/WMA – H.264/AAC Pause, Seek, Go to Live) (New in Beta2)**
• Multiple audio language switching with APIs (New in Beta2)**
• Track-selection for playback (for example, restrict the available bitrates) (New in Beta2)**
• Offline playback scenarios via Downloader Plugin (New in Beta2)**
• Content protection – Microsoft PlayReady integration for VC-1/WMA – H.264/AAC content
• Trickplay (slow motion, fast-forward, and rewind)
• Microsoft PlayReady Key rotation