New Services and Functionality
A myriad of new Windows Azure services and functionality were unveiled
today. These include:
- An update to the Windows Azure SDK that includes a Web Deployment Tool to
simplify the migration, management and deployment of IIS Web servers, Web
applications and Web sites. This new tool integrates with Visual Studio 2010
and the Web Platform Installer. This update will ship later today.
- Updates to the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control service, which
provides a single-sign-on experience to Windows Azure applications by
integrating with enterprise directories and Web identities.
- Release of the Windows Azure AppFabric Caching service in the next 30 days,
which will accelerate the performance of Windows Azure and SQL Azure
- A community technology preview (CTP) of Windows Azure Traffic Manager, a
new service that allows Windows Azure customers to more easily balance
application performance across multiple geographies.
- A preview of the Windows Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN) for Internet
Information Services (IIS) Smooth Streaming capabilities, which allows
developers to upload IIS Smooth Streaming-encoded video to a Windows Azure
Storage account and deliver that video to Silverlight, iOS and Android Honeycomb